Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Weekly Eating Challenge

I found this weekly challenge guide on Pinterest a while back (originally posted on tumblr.com) and posted it to my "Healthy" board.  While I'm not resolving anything, I do always have my eye on health and clean up my eating at this time of year, using little tricks like this.  I definitely appreciate quick and easy tips I can hang around our house to remind me to stay better on track than I have been these past few months. 

Yoga was really the only constant exercise for me since Thanksgiving, but I finally went to my Master's Swim class last night, after an absence that was longer than I'd like to admit.  It felt so good to be back in the water, I've no idea why I stopped for so long.  Does anyone else have this issue?  You're feeling great, on the right track with eating and moving, fitting happily into your skinny jeans, and then boom!  A little slippage begins and suddenly you find yourself not only off the wagon, but the wagon sped up without you and is now halfway across the country.  The slippage for me was getting pneumonia over the summer.  I mean really, who gets pneumonia in the middle of the summer?  That's right, this girl!  Not to mention my food hobby has led me to a food blog which was derived from years spent in the kitchen cooking and baking countless, calorie-laden treats.  Never trust a skinny cook, right?  Despite shipping out many of those goodies to teacher work rooms, plenty of it still ended up right in my less than tight little tummy.

Poor excuses, but my skinny jeans are currently hiding their sorry butt in the back of my closet and it's time to let them see the light of day again.  On the bright side, at least my fatter pants are still not "mom jeans", but still... So, Meatless Mondays and all the rest on this handy chart, keeping up with yoga, back to swimming, and cleaner eating... that's my current plan.  How are you keeping on (or getting back up on) the healthy track this year??

No comments:

Post a Comment