Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie I've Ever Made


I know everyone's version of "best" can be as different as chocolate and vanilla.  So whenever I see a recipe claiming it's the "best" I'm sceptical.  However, these truly are the best chocolate chip cookies I'VE ever made.  I love, love, love the combo of sweet and salty, and the sliced almonds with dark chocolate is sublime.  I found this recipe last year in the Better Homes and Gardens annual holiday cookie magazine, and I personally am never going to make another chocolate chip cookie.  This is now my go-to recipe.  See if you agree!

Sweet-Salty Almond Chocolate Chippers
1 c. sliced almonds, toasted
6 T. butter, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 t. coarse sea salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 1/4 c. flour
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips (Ghiradelli are the best)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat butter with hand mixer on medium high for 1 minute.  Add sugars, salt, baking powder and soda.  Beat until well combined.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Beat in flour and half of almonds (enough to break up the almonds so they are in smaller pieces.)  Stir in chocolate chips and other half of almonds with a wooden spoon.
Drop dough by a rounded teaspoon, 2 inches apart, onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  The cookies should look a bit underdone when you take them out of the oven.  They will set up as they cool.  Makes about 28 cookies.

2 comments:

  1. I made these tonight and they were THE BEST!!! Thanks for posting this and sharing the recipe. My mom is in town and she loved them too. I said "I got the recipe from Jill Faulder's blog". Can't wait to try some of your other recipes. I like your writing too--very fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly, this comment really put a smile on my face. I'm so glad you agree that this recipe is awesome. I bet your mom is having a great time in Seattle. Tell her I said hi!

    ReplyDelete