Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Spinach Raspberry Salad

This salad recipe has been in my collection almost since my husband and I got married, which will be 11 years ago on the 16th!  It was from Cooking Light and I have made it every Christmas since I stumbled upon it.  The original calls for strawberries, but when I went to our store today, the strawberries looked terrible.  Raspberries are just as festive of a substitute and taste just as delicious.  This salad rocks!  Now excuse me, I'm going to add some rotisserie chicken to this lovely picture and call it dinner.

Spinach Raspberry Salad - Serves 6
1/4 c. sugar
3 t. sesame seeds, toasted (a fussy, but necessary step)
1 1/2 t. poppy seeds
1/4 t. salt
1 T. minced red onion
4 T. white wine vinegar
4 T. olive oil
1 lb. spinach, washed
2 c. raspberries or sliced strawberries
4 T. sliced almonds
6 oz. crumbled goat cheese
Combine dressing ingredients (sugar through olive oil) in a glass jar and shake well.  Divide spinach, berries, almonds and goat cheese among 6 plates.  Top with dressing and serve.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! Love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raspberries are my favorite! This salad looks delicious. Thanks so much for you kind comment on the blog, I'm excited to look around yours some more and find some more recipes!

    Brie from Darling Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Brie! I love your blog. I stumbled across it on Pinterest and have used a couple of your bathroom printables to frame as we ready our master for a paint job and much-needed update, and the "Cough and Carry" idea for our family. I'm still very new at this whole blogging thing and am learning as I go. Thanks so much for joining, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete