Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal

I don't say this lightly about anything, but I'm pretty sure my recent discovery of baked oatmeals has changed my life!  I made a banana walnut variety first, which we gobbled up last week.  For as yummy as it was, this Pumpkin Pie version may be even better.

Baked Oatmeals contain simple, healthy ingredients; they are tossed together in ten minutes; after baking they store well in the fridge for several more breakfasts during the week; and most importantly, my entire family loves them.... WINNING!

A word about the whipped cream.... it is Cabot brand, no hormone, light whipped cream.  Real sugar, cream and vanilla with only 1.5 grams of fat per 2 tablespoons.  It IS pumpkin pie after all!  I tossed a few pecans on top of mine too.

The recipe can be found in its original form, with beautiful step-by-step photos, at Budget Bytes.  Click on the link to add this to your collection right now!
www.budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/09/baked-pumpkin-pie-oatmeal-277-recipe.html

And here is the link, same blog, for the Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal!
http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/12/banana-bread-oatmeal-367-recipe-046.html

No comments:

Post a Comment