Friday, May 18, 2012

Grapefruit Beer-Rita

If I were living the Jimmy Buffet song "Margaritaville", this is the margarita I'd choose to waste away with.  It's easy, inexpensive, not too sweet (or too tart), and just darn delicious.  This "beer-rita" is very loosely based on a recipe I found on Pinterest, which called for both limeade concentrate and 7-Up.  I was going to skip the 7-Up anyway, but I could not get past the high fructose corn syrup as the first ingredient in the limeade.  I happen to love grapefruit, and concentrate is made from pure juice and water... nothing else.  These include Corona, but no one will ever know.  Make a pitcher of these right now and enjoy your evening!

Grapefruit Beer-Rita
1 can grapefruit juice concentrate, partially thawed
1 can (fill concentrate can to top) Gold Tequila (I used a cheap diluted brand from Kroger)
Juice of 1 lime (or 2 if your limes are not very juicy -- mine were not)
2 bottles Corona Light

Mix all ingredients in your favorite pitcher.  Pour over ice... repeat :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try these! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa... I hope you like them as much as I did! I'm making them again tonight :)

    ReplyDelete